On monday Aug 31, 2015, the 9th Annual Meeting of EFFECT was held at the ‘Nieuwe Valeriuskliniek’ in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Our host, prof dr Max Stek (The Netherlands) introduced the audience to the research data from the Belgian-Dutch research Consortium ResPECT (Research in Psychiatry and ECT).
Following topics were discussed
– Current trends in the use of ECT in Europe – Gabor Gazdag (Hungary)
– ECT in the international movie – Pascal Sienaert (Belgium)
– The family at the bedside: ECT demystified. – Charles Kellner (USA)
– ECT in perinatal psychiatry – Iannis Zervas (Greece)
– Hippocampal volume increase, serum BDNF and clinical changes following ECT in late life depression – Louise Emsell (Belgium)
– Functional connectivity and symptom profiles of severe geriatric depression – Mardien Oudega (The Netherlands)
– MicroRNA changes in rodent brain following ECS – Karen Ryan (Ireland)
– Systemic oxidatively generated DNA/RNA damage in depression and ECT – Martin Balslev Jørgensen (Denmark)