The 2nd Annual Meeting was held on Tuesday, Oct 16, 2007 with the theme: ‘Mechanism of action of ECT: what do we know?’.
Following lectures were accepted.
– Jørgensen MB. Electroconvulsive stimulations prevent stress-induced morphological changes in the hippocampus.
– Tom Bolwig. Statistical vs clinical relevance of memory data in ECT.
– Max Fink. ECT works. How?
– Charles Kellner. Results from CORE.
– Colleen Loo. A Comparison of Right Unilateral Ultrabrief pulse (0.3 ms) ECT and standard Right Unilateral ECT.
– Gavin Rush. Mood improvement with electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) is correlated with reduction in pro-inflammatory markers.
– Gabrielle Sani. ECT vs pharmacotherapy: time to relapse and long-term outcome of a population of affective inpatients.
– Alexander Sartorius. Central and peripheral BDNF levels in a rat model of ECT
– Pascal Sienaert. Ultrabrief Bifrontal versus Unilateral ECT:
– Besani C. An investigation of attitudes towards Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) amongst psychiatric patients, nurses, psychiatrists, psychologists and lay people in Ireland.